Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Year

All good teachers know that the real New Year comes in September: a time of reflection, resolutions and renewal. Everyone else just shoots off fireworks in December. But because I'm on vacation, I can stay up late and photograph those fireworks, and then wake up early to photograph the first sunrise of the year.

martha's vineyard wedding photographer, vineyard photography, family pictures martha's vineyard, fine art prints martha's vineyard

This composite reminds me of seashells for some reason. Or snowflakes, varied in their shapes.

martha's vineyard wedding photographer, vineyard photography, family pictures martha's vineyard, fine art prints martha's vineyard

 

I got very excited when I first saw this owl against the sunrise, and then I thought it was fake, but then it moved its head and I was still excited. Not as much when it continued to swivel its head all the way around, which owls are wont to do, but in a too-smoothly-mechanical way to be a real owl. Still, I've never seen it there before, so I had to revisit this spot in broad daylight (decoy).

martha's vineyard wedding photographer, vineyard photography, family pictures martha's vineyard, fine art prints martha's vineyard



Order Fine Art Prints from Vineyard Photographer


Vineyard Photographer, AKA Maria, Writing with Light, AKA Maria Thibodeau is a family and portrait photographer on Martha's Vineyard.


No comments:

Post a Comment